The 1st match of the three match T20 series between England and Pakistan starts on Friday, August 28th.
After defeating Pakistan 1-0 in the Test Series England team will be looking to continue the same form in the T20 series.
All eyes will be on Babar Azam who is currently the best T20 batsman in the world and is ranked as number 1 in ICC player rankings.
- England will be without some key players like Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, Stuart Broad, Sam Curran, Jos Butler, Jofra Archer.
- Pakistan have no injury concerns and have a 17-man squad for the T20 series which gives them plenty of options.
ENG vs PAK Pitch Report & Venue:
England vs Pakistan T20 – Match 1
28th August, 10:30 PM IST
Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester
There has been a lot of rain in Manchester in the last three days which means the pitch will contain some moisture which the fast-bowlers on either side might be able to exploit.
England: Probable 11
Jonny Bairstow, Tom Banton, Dawid Malan, Eoin Morgan, Sam Billings, Joe Denly, Moeen Ali, David Willey, Tom Curran, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid
England Key Players:
- David Willey – He was the Man of the Series against Ireland in the ODI series and will be a key player for England both with the bat and the bowl.
- Jonny Bairstow – He will be the main batsman for England as he is there most destructive batsman and can single handedly win them the game.
- Moeen Ali – His all-round abilities will play a vital role in the T20 as he can contribute both with the bat and bowl.
- Eoin Morgan – England’s captain is currently ranked at 7th position in the ICC Batsman T20 Rankings and will play a vital role in the middle order.
Pakistan: Probable 11
Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Haider Ali, Shoaib Malik, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Rizwan, Imad Wasim, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Amir, Shaheen Shah Afridi
Pakistan Key Players:
- Babar Azam – As already mentioned he is currently the best T20 batsman in the world.
- Mohammad Hafeez – He will be the key player in the middle order and will come handy both with the bat and the bowl.
- Imad Wasim – He is currently ranked at the 7th position in the ICC bowlers T20 Rankings and will be main spin bowler for Pakistan.
- Wahab Riaz – He will be the key bowler for Pakistan and with the favorable pitch conditions, it will be very difficult for the England’s batsman to score runs against him.
- Shoaib Malik – He is the most experience player in the Pakistan side. He is just 108 runs away from becoming the first non-West Indian to score 10000 runs in T20.
Dream 11 Team for ENG vs PAK
WK – J.Bairstow
Batsman – E.Morgan, M.Hafeez, B.Azam
All-Rounder – M.Ali, D.Willey, S.Malik, I.Wasim
Bowler – T.Curran, W.Riaz, S.Afridi
Best Captain Choices – J.Bairstow, B.Azam
Best Vice-Captain Choices – E.Morgan, D.Willey, M.Hafeez
Note – Do visit our Telegram channel for the latest news and final team, 15 minutes before the match.