The 5th match of 2020 season of CPL pits St Lucia Zouks against Barbados Tridents.
Defending champions Barbados Tridents started their 2020 campaign with a 6 runs victory against St Kitts and Nevis Patriots.
Kyle Mayers (37) & Jason Holder (38) were the top run-scorer for Barbados Tridents in their opening match whereas, Rashid Khan & Mitchell Santner were their top bowlers taking 2 wickets each.
St Lucia Zouks lost their first match by 5 wickets against Jamaica Tallawahs.
Roston Chase scored the 1st half-century of 2020 season of CPL and was the top scorer for St Lucia Zouks in their opening match whereas Kesrick Williams was their top bowler taking 2 wickets.
Both teams will be looking to set the tone for the rest of their campaigns, with every match being crucial to the cause.
SLZ vs BAR Pitch Report & Venue:
St Lucia Zouks vs Barbados Tridents – Match 5
19th August, 7.30 PM IST
Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Tarouba, Trinidad and Tobago.
Pitch will be on the slower side. 160 should be par on this surface.
St Lucia Zouks: Probable 11
Rakheem Cornwall, Andre Fletcher, Mark Deyal, Roston Chase, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi, Darren Sammy (C), Scott Kuggeleijn, Obed McCoy, Zahir Khan, Kesrick Williams
St Lucia Zouks Key Players:
- Roston Chase – Middle Order Batsman – Was their leading run-scorer in the 1st match scoring 52 of 42 balls.
- Andre Fletcher – Top Order batsman and was the 3rd highest run-scorer for St Lucia in the last season. He scored 22 runs in the first match and is an imporant player for St Lucia Zouks.
- Mohammad Nabi – All Rounder – Technical middle-order batsman who will build the innings and will bowl 2 overs – 3 overs.
- Kesrick Williams – Was their main bowler in the 1st match taking 2 wickets and was the leading wicket-taker for St Lucia in the last season.
- Rakheem Cornwall – was a leading run-scorer for St Lucia in the last season. He is a very destructive batsman although in first match he got out for 9 still he’s a must pick in your fantasy team plus will also bowl and is a wicket-taker. First match he took the crucial wicket of Rovman Powell.
Barbados Tridents: Probable 11
Johnson Charles, Shai Hope, Corey Anderson, K.Mayers, Jason Holder, Jonathan Carter, Raymon Reifer, Mitchell Santner, A.Nurse, Rashid Khan, Hayden Walsh Jr
Barbados Tridents: Key Players:
- Kyle Mayers – He was 2nd highest run-scorer for Barbados in the 1st match scoring 37 runs and he also bowled 2 overs.
- Jason Holder – He was the highest run-scorer in the 1st match scoring 38 runs and he also bowled a brilliant spell giving just 21 runs in his 4 overs.
- Rashid Khan – He showed why he’s been called one of the best spinners in the world. He took 2 wickets in his 4 overs and scored quick 26 runs at the end of innings.
- Mitchell Santner – He was the man of the match in the first match giving a complete all-round performance scoring 20 runs and taking 2 wickets.
- Johnson Charles – was the 3rd Highest run-scorer in last year’s edition of CPL.
Dream 11 Team for SLZ vs BAR
We are going with K.Mayers instead of Roston Chase in the All-Rounder section, you can pick Roston Chase by dropping K.Mayers.
WK – A.Fletcher
Batsman – N.Zadran, M.Deyal, C.Anderson
All-Rounder – R.Cornwall, J.Holder, M.Santner, K.Mayers
Bowler – K.Williams, O.McCoy, R.Khan
Best Captain Choices – J.Holder, R.Khan
Best Vice-Captain Choices – R.Cornwall, A.Fletcher
Note – Do visit our Telegram channel for the latest news and final team, 15 minutes before the match.